Recipe by Moms_Shadow
Simple, fresh and easy are these green beans. Makes a delicious side dish. Set it and forget. Great with stewed apples.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Easy to prepare and good taste, I enjoyed the addition of green pepper to these beans, and it was easy to pop these in the oven with other dishes. Thank you, a delicious, simple and wholesome method to enjoy these favourite veggies!!! Made for PAC Fall 09
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper (or your preference)
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a casserole dish, place whole green beans, onions, and bell peppers.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Cover casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add 1/4 cup water to keep hydrated.
- Leave uncovered and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.