Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple, fresh and easy are these green beans. Makes a delicious side dish. Set it and forget. Great with stewed apples.
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper (or your preference)
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a casserole dish, place whole green beans, onions, and bell peppers.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Cover casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add 1/4 cup water to keep hydrated.
- Leave uncovered and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Easy to prepare and good taste, I enjoyed the addition of green pepper to these beans, and it was easy to pop these in the oven with other dishes. Thank you, a delicious, simple and wholesome method to enjoy these favourite veggies!!! Made for PAC Fall 09
Other than using red pepper instead of green & omitting the salt I followed the recipe. This was easy to make & I had the oven on for a casserole anyway. I did like that the recipe uses no butter or oil. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.
Very good green bean recipe. I used 2-tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce as there were no measurements given. I also opted to cook it at a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes as I was cooking another recipe at the same time.