Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a wonderful, easy and delicious one skillet meal. I like to serve the cabbage and beef mixture over the rice, but you could also mix the rice in while simmering the dish, if you prefer.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Easy, peasy! I made this exactly as posted, except I ended up stirring in the brown rice to the completed recipe to make a truly one-dish meal! Tastes just like stuffed cabbage without all the work! I might reduce the sugar next time to make it a bit more savory, rather than sweet, but it was delicious just the way it was! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onions, peppers and garlic until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain, if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for rice; stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- Serve over prepared rice.