1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Unstuffed Cabbage Skillet
This is a wonderful, easy and delicious one skillet meal. I like to serve the cabbage and beef mixture over the rice, but you could also mix the rice in while simmering the dish, if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice, cooked
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onions, peppers and garlic until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain, if necessary.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, except for rice; stir well and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- 4Serve over prepared rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Unstuffed Cabbage Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 741.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: