Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The name says it all. This dish is simple and delicious. And it's served in our house every Thanksgiving. It's very sweet -- almost like a dessert -- and the perfect addition to your turkey dinner.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cut yams in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except marshmallows in large mixing bowl.
- Place mixture in dish and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are browned and beginning to melt.
I made this on Thanksgiving and the family scarfed it down. They didn't even leave any room for dessert! Very yummy.
I had these with our Thanksgiving dinner and I was very pleased! I normally make the traditional candied yams (which I love) but these were very good and I think more people liked these. I did not change one thing but added chopped pecans in with the sweet potato mixture. They were a hit! Thank You Angela for this recipe. I will be using this recipe again for Christmas!
This was so easy to make and very good...I just made a couple of changes, I substuted the white sugar for brown sugar and added chopped walnuts....I made it last night as a test to see if I would make it for Thanksgiving...I will...excellent recipe..