Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist and simply delicious. This is an old recipe I've used over and over again and it's never let me down...I think you'll find it good too!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream (*you can substitute 2/3 cup of vanilla or plain yogart)
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Cream butter and gradually add sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg yolk at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; set aside.
- Measure and sift flour & dry ingredients and add 1/3 at a time, into butter, sugar, egg mixture, alternating between sour cream and flour. After mixture if mixed thoroughly, gently fold in whipped egg whites.
- Pour into a well-greased and lightly floured tube or bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with confectionery sugar.