1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Rice Pudding
Delicious thick, rich and creamy rice pudding without the fuss of a water bath. Enjoy! For a nice variation I sometimes like to add half a teaspoon of rose water, a couple dashes of ground cardamom, and a slice of fresh lemon that's cooked along with the rice--wonderful! Note: Evaporated milk (diluted with an equal amount of water) makes a lovely substitute for the regular milk or half-and-half cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy bottomed sauce pan add the rice, 2 cups milk (or half and half), sugar, butter and raisins. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk together the reserved 1 cup of milk and the egg in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in a few spoonfuls of the warm rice pudding to temper the egg; now gradually stir the tempered egg mixture into the hot rice pudding, stirring well to combine.
- 3Whisk in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4Let cool a minimum of 30 minutes before serving with a dollop of whipped cream on top, as desired.
- 5Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 159.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g