1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Potato Salad
4 hrs 35 mins
The Spice Guru's Note:
My simple potato salad is made special with fresh herbs and a savory dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs small white potatoes or 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup small black olives or 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup dill pickles, cut to 1/4-inch dice or 1/4 cup sweet pickle
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1FILL a small to medium pot with lid with enough cold water to cover 2 eggs with 2 inches of water; ADD the eggs first to the cold water in pot (reserve the potatoes for a later boil); BRING water with eggs to a boil over high heat; BOIL eggs for one minute; COVER pot; TURN stovetop heat off; ALLOW eggs to rest in pot for 10 minutes; REMOVE eggs with a slotted spoon; LET cool before peeling; CHOP eggs to 1/4" dice.
- 2POUR enough water into a large pot to boil 3 lbs potatoes in; SALT the water until "as salty as the sea".
- 3ADD the potatoes and bring to a full boil; REDUCE heat to medium and until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes; DRAIN the potatoes in a colander placed in sink; ALLOW potatoes to cool for 20 minutes before handling.
- 4MEANWHILE, prep the remaining SALAD ingredients to specifications then whisk the DRESSING ingredients together in a small to medium bowl, adding just 1 teaspoon of the celery salt, and only 1/2 teaspoon of the fresh ground black pepper.
- 5DICE the cooled potatoes into 1 inch cubes; TRANSFER potatoes into a large bowl; SPRINKLE potatoes 1 teaspoon celery salt and 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper; TOSS well, then add the remaining DRESSING, folding together to combine.
- 6ADD the chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced celery, red onions, olives, pickles, dill and parsley.
- 7FOLD salad well until thoroughly combined.
- 8COVER and refrigerate salad at least 4 hours before serving, to let flavors meld.
- 9GARNISH as desired (NOTE: To lightly dust with paprika to garnish, add a small amount of paprika to a fine-mesh sieve, then tap to dispense an even dusting.).
- 10SERVE and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 566.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: