Recipe by smiles4u
I have been making this dessert for years and it is the most requested for potlucks and birthdays. It is super easy, light and delicious. I most often use sugar free pudding and light cool whip with no difference in taste.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (1 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions with water, oil and eggs. Bake 2-8" round cakes. Cool.
- Mix pudding mix with milk according to package directions, chill.
- Drain peaches.
- When cake is cool assemble in trifle bowl layering 1 round cake, 1 can peaches, 1/2 of the pudding, remaining cake, remaining can of peaches, remaining pudding.
- (*note, my trifle bowl will just accommodate the 8" round cake. You may need to trim the edges of the cake a bit depending on the size of your bowl).
- Top with whipped topping.
- Chill until ready to serve.