Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pasta salad is so easy, and so delicious! This recipe came from my husband's, brother in law's mother... this recipe is wonderful any time, but especially on warm summer nights!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 lb colby cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Cook pasta according to directions, set aside and cool.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, evoo and salt in a separate bowl - whisk until finely blended and set in fridge until ready to dress.
- Peel and chunk cucumber, set in separate mixing bowl.
- Dice tomato and set in mixing bowl with cucumber.
- Chop or slice up the red onion, set in mixing bowl with tomato and cucumber.
- Cube up the cheese and set aside, do not add the cheese just yet.
- Add cooled pasta to the mixing bowl with veggies and toss.
- Dress the salad with the liquid ingredients and toss until all the pasta and veggies are evenly coated.
- Toss in cheese.