1/1 Photo of Simply Delicious Mushroom Meatball Soup
This recipe was the runner-up winner in Quick & Simple's Best Soup Recipe Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely diced
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour, plus 1 t
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1Warm olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, mushrooms, salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper; sauté gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine ground sirloin, egg, bread crumbs, onion powder and another 1/8 teaspoons black pepper, mixing thoroughly.
- 4Shape into meatballs ½ inch in diameter; add to pot with vegetables.
- 5Pour in broth and bring to a gentle boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7In a small pan, melt the butter; add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring, until thickened.
- 8Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir into soup.
- 9Remove soup from heat and immediately ladle into bowls.
- 10Top each serving with 1 tablespoons sour cream.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Mushroom Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 645.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.2 g