Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup (10% ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix beef, bread crumbs and egg thoroughly.
- In medium baking pan shape firmly into 8- by 4-inch loaf.
- Bake at 350°F.
- for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 can soup over top of meat loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until meat loaf is no longer pink.
- In small saucepan mix 2 tablespoons drippings, remaining soup and water.
- Heat through.
- Serve with meat loaf.
Very tasty and very easy to make. Just my kind of recipe! The gravy turns out so yummy, I've learned to make a double batch next time.
MMMMMMMMMMMM!! I loved this...I did add a little minced garlic into the meat mixture, but it was so good! Thank you
On 1/28/10 this was made as part of mine and SO's dinner. Before this recipe is reviewed, I must say I really messed up this recipe. And believe it or not, it still turned out pretty good. O.k. now on with the review, about 1/2 cup of chopped onions were added along with a bit of pepper. Now here comes the part were I messed up the recipe, while I was mixing the ingredients the half can of soup was added to the meatloaf mixture. So, I added a bit more bread crumbs to the mixture and it seemed to be o.k. Instead of baking in a loaf pan, the meatloaf was just free formed into loaf in a baking dish. At the end of the first 30 minute baking mark, I mixed the remaining soup with about 3 to 4 tablespoons of the "drippings " a bit of cornstarch and about 1/2 cup of water to make enough to coat the top and to have enough to pour over the meatloaf. Despite my major goof-up with the soup, the recipe turned out well enough for me to try again ( and make it the right way :) ). Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "