1 hr 15 mins
The best lasagna you've ever had, and so simple too! I make my own sauce for this lasagna but you can use your favorite jar sauce if you want. The cooking time does not include the time to make the sauce. It is well worth the wait to make your own sauce though!!! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- salt & pepper
FOR THE LASANGA
- 2Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until it's golden.
- 3If using red wine, add to the pot and reduce to half by cooking over high heat.
- 4Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian herbs, and salt & pepper.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 1-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add sugar, and simmer 15 more minutes.
- 7Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 9Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Brown meat in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11Meanwhile mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan, eggs, and 4 cups mozzarella until well blended. Set aside.
- 12Drain meat and return to skillet.
- 13Stir in spaghetti sauce until well blended.
- 14Spread some sauce onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish, top with lasagna noodles, spread some ricotta cheese on top of lasagna noodles, then top with more sauce.
- 15Repeat layers twice.
- 16Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 17Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- 18Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 974.2
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 261.9 mg
- Sodium 1356.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 65.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: