Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a very old recipe my mother used to make. It can be made with your favorite pie filling - cherry, peach, blueberry etc. The crust gets golden brown and delicious while it bakes around the fruit filling. Delicious, sweet, simple, and cost effective. Great with vanilla ice cream!
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 21 ounces pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place stick of butter on bottom of baking dish (can be 9x7, 9x9, 8x8, or 2-qt round casserole dish), and microwave until butter is completely melted. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, milk, and baking powder. Pour mixture over butter - Do not mix into butter!
- Again, without mixing, evenly distribute pie filling over butter/batter.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 1 hr and 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and top center of crust is fully baked.
- Best when served warm with or without vanilla ice cream.