Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is absolutely delicious and so simple to make. The only equipment you need is the crock pot! There is no need to pre-cook the meat as it cooks up very well and tender in the crock pot.I serve this with mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese and biscuits. The juice taste great over the mashed potatoes and/ or biscuits. MMM....so good!
- 8 cube steaks
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (1 ounce) packets onion soup (any brand will do)
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Wash and pat dry the cube steak.Pour all 3 cans of soup into crock pot. Add the onion soup packets and water.
- Mix well.
- Add the liquid smoke, the bell peppers, salt and cube steak.
- Turn crock pot on 8-10 hours and forget it.
I made this cube steak recipe tonight for dinner and it was a HUGE hit. My son, who has never enjoyed cube steak in the past even asked for seconds; so that says a lot.The gravy was on point, and the steaks were tender. I followed the directions almost to a T, I only had one green pepper on hand so I added that and threw in some fresh cut onion I also started cooking a little late in the day so I placed all the ingredients in the crock pot, turned it on high and cooked the steaks for about 4 hours instead of the recommended 8. They were YUMMY!!! my only regret is that I didn't make more (because I only had 5 steaks in my freezer). This recipe is definitely a keeper!
The gravy was wonderful! The meat fell apart, but was kind of bland. I will make this again but next time I will fry out the meat before hand. Thanks for the great recipe!
I have made this twice. This has become the new family favorite recipe. We love the added touch of the green pepper. The gravy is the best! Served it over mashed potatoes. You will be disappointed when you take the last bite because there won't be anymore left. LOL