Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are sooooo good! Recipe makes a lot, but they go quickly. The cookies freeze well, but do not travel well. I got the recipe from a community cookbook and have enjoyed making them for years, especially around the holidays. Recipe makes about 10 dozen cookies, so they are great for a cookie swap party.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup bakers coconut
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted (stick)
- Mix dry ingredients lightly, but well. Stir in liquid ingredients, stirring to blend well.
- Form into balls about the size of a small walnut. Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for about 8 minutes.
These are sooo good! I made them for a cookie exchange and really liked that the recipe made so many cookies. Thanks for posting this keeper!