Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is so simple yet very delicious! Your guests will think you cooked it all day long!
Make and share this Simply Delicious Chicken Fajita Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 poblana pepper, cut into thin strips (or 1 small can diced green chiles)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) canseasoned black beans
- 2 cups frozen southwestern-style corn (or regular style frozen corn)
- 1 (26 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 drop hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese or mexican-style cheese, for garnish
- crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the hot oil; cook, stirring only occasionally, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat.
- Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, corn, and broth into the pot with the chicken and vegetables.
- Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the soup with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- To each serving, if desired, add some cheese and tortilla chips.