1 hr 15 mins
This soup is so simple yet very delicious! Your guests will think you cooked it all day long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 poblana pepper, cut into thin strips (or 1 small can diced green chiles)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can seasoned black beans
- 2 cups frozen southwestern-style corn (or regular style frozen corn)
- 1 (26 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 drop hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese or mexican-style cheese, for garnish
- crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- 1Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Place chicken in the hot oil; cook, stirring only occasionally, until brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat.
- 4Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken.
- 5Stir and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 6Pour the fire roasted tomatoes, black beans, corn, and broth into the pot with the chicken and vegetables.
- 7Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Season the soup with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- 9To each serving, if desired, add some cheese and tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Delicious Chicken Fajita Soup
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 300.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g