Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I have made for years that always gets rave reviews. Guests always go home with the recipe. The best thing about this dish is the simplicity of it.
- In a large skillet melt butter over med-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook stirring frequently until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Next add the cans of cream of mushroom soup and the wine and pepper; stirring well to combine.
- If the sauce is to thick you can add more wine to thin it out.
- Serve over hot rice and enjoy!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #82* Prepared 1/2 recipe, with the only additions- a roughly chopped green pepper (last from the garden), a small can of chopped mushrooms, and 1 tsp salt. Served the 2 of us generously and enough for another night. I usually bake chicken breasts, so this was a tasty change for us. Thanks for posting, CBM !!
Simply delicious and simply easy! This tasty dish is made from staple ingredients and is ready in a flash - can't beat that. Made half of the recipe and got 2 good-sized servings with lots of yummy gravy - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Quick, simple and delicious...it doesn't get any better than that. I added a little crushed red pepper flakes, but other than that, followed the recipe as written. Served over steamed rice, it made a quick and yummy dinner. Made as an extra for Sept 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.