Recipe by May I Have That Recipe
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Simply Potatoes Hashbrows give these double chocolate cookies a yummy chewiness
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- extra butter, to great baking sheet
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, plus
- 12 teaspoons chocolate hazelnut spread, for the filling (such as Nutella)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly with butter.
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Combine cookie mix, eggs, melted butter and 1 cup of chocolate spread in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer, until the ingredients are well combined. Fold in cooked potatoes.
- Spoon batter on baking sheet (about 1 tablespoon per cookie), leaving at least 2 inches of space in between each cookie (they will spread significantly).
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Once they cool, spread half of them with chocolate spread and top with remaining cookies to form a sandwich.