1/1 Photo of Simply Croquettes With Mashed Potatoes and Goat Cheese
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A special occasion appetizer or side dish made simple! Buttery mashed potatoes meets rich and tangy goat cheese. The croquettes are rolled in bread crumbs, scallions, and bacon bits and fried in garlic-infused olive oil until golden, crispy, and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin by following the package instructions for heating the mashed potatoes. After the initial 3-minute cook time, stir in the goat cheese until well combined and remove the mixture to the refrigerator 30 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- 2In a medium bowl combine the breadcrumbs, green onions, bacon, and pepper. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat well with a fork. Measure the flour into another small bowl. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3When potatoes have cooled, working with floured hands, lightly form 1-inch balls with the mashed potato mixture. Dip the balls in the flour, give them a final roll between the hands, and place them on the parchment paper. Wash, dry, and re-flour hands as needed if they become sticky.
- 4One at a time, dip the potato balls into the beaten eggs with one hand and drop them into the breadcrumb mixture; then, with the other hand gently roll the balls in the breadcrumb mixture and return to the parchment paper. Again, wash, dry, and re-flour hands as needed. Refrigerate croquettes at least 30 minutes before frying.
- 5Heat 3 tablespoons (or as much as needed to cover the skillet) garlic-infused olive oil to medium-high heat. Fry croquettes in 2-3 batches adding more oil as needed. Roll the croquettes about with a fork as they cook 5-10 minutes or until all sides are crispy and golden-brown. Remove the croquettes to paper towels to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Croquettes With Mashed Potatoes and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes