Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A convenient and simple version of traditional Cottage (also known as Shepherd's) Pie. The term cottage pie has been in use since the late 1700's when the potato was being introduced as an edible crop. In early cookbooks, the dish was a way to use leftover roasted meat of any kind, and the pie dish was lined with mashed potato as well as having a mashed potato crust on top. This recipe is easy enough for older kids to make and Simply delicious !!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces beef gravy (Savory Beef Gravy from 12 oz jar)
- 15 ounces canned mixed vegetables, drained or 1 -2 cup leftover vegetables, from your fridge
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain cooked beef. Drain mixed vegetables. Add Worcestershire sauce, gravy and mixed vegetables to beef stirring to combine. Pour beef mixture into 9 inch glass pie pan, mounding beef mixture slightly in the middle of pan. Top meat mixture with Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes. Spread potatoes to edges of pie pan. (Top with grated cheese if desired.).
- Place pie pan in middle of baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.