Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Old fashioned and kid friendly, this chili takes on a whole new taste profile with the addition of Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion..
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef (80/20 lean to fat)
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion, including juices
- 1 (16 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, thawed
- In a 6-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, stirring, about 10 minutes. Drain beef in a colander, and return to pan.
- Over medium heat, add garlic, salt to taste, and cook until garlic is soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add canned chili without beans, diced tomatoes with juices and bring to a simmer and cook, 5 minutes. Add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Optional: If desired, serve over corn chips .