Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from my friend, Imelda, who is teaching me the art of Mexican cooking. This is easy and delicious.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 chilies, dried
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut tortillas in pieces and fry in hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In the meantime, place chiles in microwavable container with tomatoes and cover with water.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid through colander, pushing some of the solid through.
- If you want it hotter, put more of the seeds in it.
- Cover tortilla pieces with liquid and mix well. Do not used canned chiles, it won't taste as good.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion.