Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a breakfast "take" on the ever popular Lasagna. Full flavor and very filling. It is very easily doubled for a larger crowd.
- 1 (16 ounce) cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup white onion
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cooked lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 lb spicy sausage
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 cup Kraft Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- Mix together the cottage cheese and shredded cheese.
- In a small pan saute the onions,until tender.
- Drain and then add to the cooked sausage and bacon.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Then cook to a soft scramble, set aside.
- Next lightly spray a 9x9 baking dish.
- First layer 3 noodles in the bottom of pan.
- Cover with half of the hash browns, 1/2 of the scramble eggs,.
- 1/2 of the sausage/onion mixture, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/2 Spinach.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients a second time.
- Finish off with the 4 slices Muenster Cheese.
- Cover and chill for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Let lasagna set at room temperature 30 minutes before placing inches.
- a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- *Let set for 5 minutes before cutting *.