From a Quick Cooking magazine from years ago. I love how simple these are to put together using a biscuit/baking mix. If using frozen blueberries, DO NOT thaw before adding to the batter. These are BEST served WARM.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Whisk the egg and sour cream together and then stir it into the dry ingredients - just until moistened.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups half full.
- Combine the topping ingredients (lemon peel & sugar) and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.