Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves this side dish. Got this from Simply Potatoes. I have made these in the oven and on the grill.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees .
- Spray a 13x9-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl mix together potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the potatoes into the bottom of the pan.
- Top with 1 cup cheese.
- Top with the remaining potatoes.
- Top potatoes with remaining cheese.
- In a measuring cup mix together the chicken broth and cream.
- Pour over the potatoes mixture.
- Place the butter pieces over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
TERRIFIC side dish and very easy to prepare. I did find that a 9x13 pan was rather large for just 20 oz of potatoes so I used a 2nd bag and just increased everything else. I would think a 2 quart baking dish would do fine with the way the recipe is written. We LOVED the flavors, the tenderness of the potatoes and the topping! Another winner. I think adding bacon would make this a great breakfast treat too. A WINNER for sure! Tagged in PAC Fall 2008
Very nice variation of what we call "awesome" potatoes! I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of full cream and love the way the top layer of cheese had a bit of crisp in it! We will make these again.