Recipe by DinnerBelle
I got this recipe from a blogspot called "Mysterious Bolivia". I have no idea whether Bolivia is any more mysterious than the rest of the planet, but judging by this recipe, they sure can cook there! I used the whole can of coconut milk, on the theory that there's no such thing as too much coconut. I use basmati rice. Be forewarned: this is rich, rich, rich!
Top Review by Annacia
I made a half recipe, skipped the nuts and made DH's entire day. This got 10 fingers up from him (I made it with sugar so didn't have any myself) and an ear to ear grin. There wasn't a single thing that he could find fault with and he's not shy about telling me if there is something he thinks could be better. This guy is picky to the max so consider his 10 finger spread an Oscar award for this recipe. Made for PAC, Fall 2012.
- 453.59 g rice
- 946.36 ml water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 425.24 g can evaporated milk
- 340.19 g sweetened condensed milk
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 212.62 g can coconut milk
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml walnuts (pieces)
- 44.37 ml flaked coconut
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- ground cinnamon, and whipped cream for garnishing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the 4 cups of cold water and the rice in a pot to soak for 10 minutes.
- At high heat add to the pot the cinnamon stick, cloves, salt, coconut milk and wait 5 minutes after it starts boiling.
- Turn the burner to low and stir with a wooden spoon being careful not to let any thing stick to the bottom of the pot.Add the condensed and evaporated milk, coconut milk, let boil for about 10minutes more until it thickens, stirring time to time.
- Add raisins, Almonds, Walnuts and regular milk, stir with a wooden spoon.
- Wait 5 more minutes and remove the mixture from the heat and put in a deep baking dish.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon and coconut flake, cover the dish with foilpaper, set in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes at 325°F.
- Serve in individual cups , use ground cinnamon and whipped cream for garnishing serve with wafers.