1/1 Photo of Simply Amazing Rice Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from a blogspot called "Mysterious Bolivia". I have no idea whether Bolivia is any more mysterious than the rest of the planet, but judging by this recipe, they sure can cook there! I used the whole can of coconut milk, on the theory that there's no such thing as too much coconut. I use basmati rice. Be forewarned: this is rich, rich, rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g rice
- 946.36 ml water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 425.24 g can evaporated milk
- 340.19 g sweetened condensed milk
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 212.62 g can coconut milk
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml walnuts (pieces)
- 44.37 ml flaked coconut
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- ground cinnamon, and whipped cream for garnishing (optional)
- 1Put the 4 cups of cold water and the rice in a pot to soak for 10 minutes.
- 2At high heat add to the pot the cinnamon stick, cloves, salt, coconut milk and wait 5 minutes after it starts boiling.
- 3Turn the burner to low and stir with a wooden spoon being careful not to let any thing stick to the bottom of the pot.Add the condensed and evaporated milk, coconut milk, let boil for about 10minutes more until it thickens, stirring time to time.
- 4Add raisins, Almonds, Walnuts and regular milk, stir with a wooden spoon.
- 5Wait 5 more minutes and remove the mixture from the heat and put in a deep baking dish.
- 6Carefully remove the cinnamon stick.
- 7Sprinkle the top with ground cinnamon and coconut flake, cover the dish with foilpaper, set in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes at 325°F.
- 8Serve in individual cups , use ground cinnamon and whipped cream for garnishing serve with wafers.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Amazing Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: