Recipe by docchiromb
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A fun version or a traditional calzone. A pizza dough pocket filled with creamy mac & cheese and pulled barbecue. The recipe can be scaled down for appetizer sized portions.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 cup barbecued pork, shredded
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fried onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll each into a 8" circle. Place 1/2 cup of unheated Simply Macaroni & Cheese into the center of each dough circle. Top mac& cheese with 1/4 cup pork, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, and 2 tablespoons onion.
- Fold dough in half to create a semi-circle. Crimp the edges together with a fork and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush each calzone with some water and poke 1 or 2 holes in the tops with a knife for steam to escape.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.