Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Tasty grilled chicken stuffed with cheesey, zesty, corn-studded mashed potatoes. A delicious, zesty, and hearty chicken dish that needs no sides - maybe a salad.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄3 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup corn and tomato salsa, divided use (preferably roasted corn salsa)
- 1 cup grated Cotija cheese, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled chili garlic lime marinade, divided use
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut a deep slit into each chicken breast, fanning knife inside to expand the pocket.
- Mix potatoes, 2/3 cup salsa, and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Fill the chicken breasts with the potato mixture, close with wooden pick, and place in shallow dish.
- Pour 1 cup marinade over the chicken and marinate at least 15 minutes (preferably 30 minutes).
- Grill the chicken about 8 minutes per side, or until done, brushing with reserved 1/2 cup marinade last 3-4 minutes of grilling.
- Serve each breast topped with a drizzle of salsa and a sprinkle of cheese.