Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a much more simple and quick version of this dish. Don't be afraid of the sauerkraut it mellows after a long period of cooking. I photocopied this recipe from Family Circle Mag. My hubby and I loved it, it's a keeper. SOOOO Easy, I put it on in the morning before church and didn't touch it until dinner. My pork chops were not able to be sliced as per directions though (they were so tender they fell right apart!).
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I like kosher)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 large boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sauerkraut, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slightly sweet white wine (Riesling)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- In small bowl, mix seasoning, salt and pepper. (I didn't measure these, I just seasoned each layer with a little sprinkle of each).
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick spray. Layer potatoes, pork chops, kielbasa, apples and sauerkraut (in that order). Season each layer with spice mix. Pour wine over top of sauerkraut.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Stir in thawed peas and cook additional 30 minutes.
- remove pork chops and cut each into thick slices against the grain. Stir back into mixture and serve.
Good! I probably would leave out the potatoes next time. I was worried that it would be too dry so I added some applesauce. I used 4 1- 1 1/2 inch boneless pork chops. Cooked on high for 5-6 hours.