Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified from a TOH recipe. I love this with apple butter on top instead of syrup but of course my kids love the syrup or strawberry jam.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine the egg, milk, banana, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top and cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite topping or syrup.
They were a bit too thick. Next time I'll add milk to make them thinner. I used only cinnamon (no nutmeg) but 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Great taste. They were very good with maple syrup. Thanks Melissa :) Made for Photo tag game
I don't know if my bananas were not ripe enough but they were very bland and not very sweet so I tried adding some brown sugar it did help. I might try them again once I have more ripe bananas, my kids love them though.
WOW!!! A terrific breakfast for all of us, I doubled the recipe, for 4 of us. LOVED the banana flavor with the oats here too. So simple to make too. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.