Recipe by Chrissyo
A quick, easy and extremely good chocolate cake. My mother often baked this cake for the jackaroos (cowboys) when she was a cook on the cattle stations (ranch) in outback Australia. Be careful not to overcook this cake and it will stay moist and fresh for days. ENJOY. I use this recipe on a regular basis.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter.
- Put all the other ingredients into a large bowl and pour the melted butter on top on them.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes only.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared cake tin and bake in a moderate oven.
- The baking time will depend on the size and shape of your cake tin.
- Be careful not to overcook this cake and it will be deliciously moist and fresh days after it is baked.
- Ice with your favourite chocolate icing/frosting or top with fresh or mock cream sweetened and flavoured with vanilla or rum, and cover with grated chocolate or nuts.