Recipe by E-Eva
This is the simplest, 5-minute cookie brittle recipe. I make it all the time and it gets devoured! Please review the recipe if you use it! Thank you!
- 1 cup margarine (equal to two sticks) or 1 cup butter, at room temperature (equal to two sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (2 1/2 cup) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover one cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream sugar and butter or margarine together in your stand mixer.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in flour. The batter may seem a little dry, but it's fine.
- Finally, add in chocolate chips and stir well.
- Place batter on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Using another piece of parchment paper, place it on top of the mound of batter and slowly press the batter so that it covers the entire cookie sheet evenly in one thin layer. The thinner the layer of batter, the better! This step may take a few minutes, but it's worth it to do it well.
- Once batter is spread out onto the cookie sheet entirely, place the cookie sheet into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cookie cook ENTIRELY, then break into pieces with your hands or a spatula.