Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy, and delicioso! If you use the recipe and make the sauce yourself, you will have a lot of sauce. Perhaps make the rice to serve with enchiladas, or reduce the recipe so not to waste it.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, medium or hot
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (OR)
- 2 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat water to boiling.
- Add Rotel and rice.
- Prepare enchilada sauce (if using recipe rather than canned) by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl and mixing until butter is melted.
- When most of water is absorbed in rice, reduce heat and add enchilada sauce.
- Cover and simmer until tender.
- When using canned enchilada sauce this recipe takes only 20 minutes to prepare.
- Makes a delicious appetizer when served with corn chips and salsa or pica de gallo.
I like my spanish rice with meat so I browned and drained 1 pound of hamburger in a skillet, then followed the recipe as directed in the skillet with the meat. It was delicious but could have been a little spicier for my taste. I spiced it up with a little Mexican hot sauce.
Very good, easy, and spicy! It's a little too spicy, I think, to be Spanish Rice. It is more of a Tex/Mex Rice.
Very good. I made mine with the enchilada sauce recipe you provided. It was very moist! Thanks for the recipe!!