Recipe by shygirl
Quick and easy, freezes well, this is one of those dishes that gets better as it gets re heated.....
Top Review by monmamoni
This was good and was so easy to make. I like it a bit sweeter so I used 3 tbsp sugar instead of 1. Also, I don't like biting into ginger pieces so I used grated ginger instead. I used spring onions to replace leeks 'coz I din't have leeks on hand. I will definitely make this again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg beef short rib
- 1 head garlic, head crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, kikoman
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee brand
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 bunch leek, chopped to 2 inches
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large casserole and saute ginger in oil.
- Add the onions till soft then the garlic.
- Stir well till fragrant,.
- Dump in the beef spareribs and stir fry till beef changes color.
- In a large bowl, mix soy, sugar, wine,sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and hot water.
- Mix till well blended.
- Pour to beef.
- Let simmer on low fire for 1 hour till 1 1/2 hours.
- Add in toasted sesame seeds and chopped leeks last 10 mins of cooking.
- Serve on top of piping hot rice.