1/1 Photo of Simplest Korean Beef Stew
1 hr 20 mins
Quick and easy, freezes well, this is one of those dishes that gets better as it gets re heated.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg beef short rib
- 1 head garlic, head crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, kikoman
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee brand
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 bunch leek, chopped to 2 inches
- 1Heat large casserole and saute ginger in oil.
- 2Add the onions till soft then the garlic.
- 3Stir well till fragrant,.
- 4Dump in the beef spareribs and stir fry till beef changes color.
- 5In a large bowl, mix soy, sugar, wine,sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and hot water.
- 6Mix till well blended.
- 7Pour to beef.
- 8Let simmer on low fire for 1 hour till 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Add in toasted sesame seeds and chopped leeks last 10 mins of cooking.
- 10Serve on top of piping hot rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simplest Korean Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.4
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 1072.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: