Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The only recipe with fish my mother ever ate! My grown son and I make plans to get together and eat this wonderfully simply, cheap dish!
- 8 slices buttered toast
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine cornstarch with water in glass and stir.
- Make toast and butter. Place in oven to keep warm.
- Drain tuna and place in large skillet, with fork break apart.
- Pour milk over tuna, and add salt and pepper.
- Heat on medium high then add cornstarch mixture slowly, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over toast.
I have to say it was OK. My wife liked it and she is picky. But it seemed to be missing something. Not sure what? Maybe it just wasn't my Moms recipe, and I don't have that