Adapted from "Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook", this recipe saves time on holiday mornings and makes for a delicious breakfast. Pairs up well with Sausage Links with Apricot-Mustard Glaze and a cranberry-apple compote.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour eggnog into a shallow bowl, and add grated orange and cinnamon.
- 2Dip bread slices into the eggnog mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 or 3 slices of bread and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- 4Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- 5Serve warm with powdered sugar, maple syrup, compote, or all three!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simplest Eggnog French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.4
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 388.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g