Recipe by rochsann
Adapted from "Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook", this recipe saves time on holiday mornings and makes for a delicious breakfast. Pairs up well with Sausage Links with Apricot-Mustard Glaze and a cranberry-apple compote.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Tasty! Loved the hint or orange. I used commercial eggnog which probably has minimal amounts of egg added, which made for soggy french toast. This recipe would be very different with a homemade thick eggnog. Next time I'd add 3 eggs to the mix so it would be a bit firmer. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 cups prepared eggnog (support your local dairy)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices firm stale bread (thick slices)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour eggnog into a shallow bowl, and add grated orange and cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices into the eggnog mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 or 3 slices of bread and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, maple syrup, compote, or all three!