Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from "Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook", this recipe saves time on holiday mornings and makes for a delicious breakfast. Pairs up well with Sausage Links with Apricot-Mustard Glaze and a cranberry-apple compote.
- Pour eggnog into a shallow bowl, and add grated orange and cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices into the eggnog mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 or 3 slices of bread and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, maple syrup, compote, or all three!
Tasty! Loved the hint or orange. I used commercial eggnog which probably has minimal amounts of egg added, which made for soggy french toast. This recipe would be very different with a homemade thick eggnog. Next time I'd add 3 eggs to the mix so it would be a bit firmer. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I've made this before and my husband loves it.
We made Eggnog French Toast this year as our new breakfast treat. I make a new breafast recipe every year for our Christmas. It has become a tradition to see hour our recipe turns out. I decided to try this recipe with the grated orange rind and ground cinnamon. FANTASTIC! The only changes I made was to use low-fat Eggnog and Texas bread (a thick slice). We loved this recipe. Thanks for posting.