Simplest Almond Macaroons
- 1 (8 ounce) can almond paste, broken up into small pieces
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place almond paste and sugar in food processor or mixing bowl. Mix or process until thoroughly combined. Add egg whites and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets, about 1 inch apart and bake 18-20 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely on baking sheets.
- Peel macaroons from paper when completely cool and store in an airtight container.