Recipe by Barb G.
This frittata is very tasty. This is also good with tomatoes and mushrooms added. Difficulty to make is medium. The blender works great for mixing the eggs and milk with the salt and pepper. The recipe is courtsy Michael Chiarello, The food network.
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 bunch basil
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Start by crushing the garlic and heating it in some olive oil in a medium nonstick saute pan on the stove.
- While that is heating up, very thinly sllice the zucchini on a mandoline.
- When the oil and garlic are heated, tear some basil into the pan and add ALL the sliced zucchini; Cook until the zucchini is tender, but not throughly cooked through, about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Blend eggs in a blender with the milk and some salt and pepper; blend on the highest speed.
- Pour the egg mixture into the saute pan over the zucchini mixture and let it set for 1 minute: when there isn't much loose egg left in the pan; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top and place the pan in the broiler for 1 minute.
- Take pan out of broiler, let it cool and set in pan for 5 minutes; Then invert a plate on top of pan and turn over; slice and serve, enjoy.