Barb Gertz's Note:
This frittata is very tasty. This is also good with tomatoes and mushrooms added. Difficulty to make is medium. The blender works great for mixing the eggs and milk with the salt and pepper. The recipe is courtsy Michael Chiarello, The food network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Start by crushing the garlic and heating it in some olive oil in a medium nonstick saute pan on the stove.
- 3While that is heating up, very thinly sllice the zucchini on a mandoline.
- 4When the oil and garlic are heated, tear some basil into the pan and add ALL the sliced zucchini; Cook until the zucchini is tender, but not throughly cooked through, about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- 5Blend eggs in a blender with the milk and some salt and pepper; blend on the highest speed.
- 6Pour the egg mixture into the saute pan over the zucchini mixture and let it set for 1 minute: when there isn't much loose egg left in the pan; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top and place the pan in the broiler for 1 minute.
- 7Take pan out of broiler, let it cool and set in pan for 5 minutes; Then invert a plate on top of pan and turn over; slice and serve, enjoy.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Zucchini Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 429.5 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: