Recipe by LD1
So simple, healthy and delicious.. Made it for my daughter after the birth of her first child. After leaving the hospital she was looking for healthy foods. Thought about what fruit to get her and decided to just get it all and make a fruit salad. Looked for recipes and found many had unnecessary high calorie fluff. To my surprise she loved what I came up with. I have made several since that time. Her favorite part is the crispness of the apple next to the soft banana. I've made up several of these and the great thing is you can easily increase or decrease the number of servings by adding or reducing amount of fruits you prefer. I purchase more of the seasonal items to keep cost reasonable.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 2 kiwi
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 12 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl --
- Drain pineapple tidbits reserving liquid in bowl.
- Slice banana, dice apple and soak in reserved liquid.
- Add to a large bowl --
- Drained pineapple tidbits.
- Drained mandarin oranges.
- Grapes cut in half.
- Kiwi peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Strawberries with stems removed and sliced.
- Bananas and apple after drained of pineapple juice.
- Lemon yogurt.
- Gently stir salad just to evenly distribute yogurt. It can be served immediately or refrigerate in a sealed bowl until ready to be served. (I prefer to make the night before as to be thoroughly chilled. The pineapple juice treatment of the bananas and apple keep them from browning.).