Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I always whip up as a great and easy side dish. Super simple, healthy and looks great next to any main course. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 small tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Wash and snip the ends of green beans.
- In a pan, saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and a bit of water cook for 15 minutes, until mixture has become soft and well mixed together.
- Add the green beans, salt & pepper and seasoning salt. If water evaporated, add a little more to help beans cook.
- Cover and cook until beans are crisp yet tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- There should be some liquid, not much, spoon beans onto a platter, spooning tomato pieces on top of beans.
- You could garnish with toasted slivered almonds if you like.
- Serve next to your favorite entree.
Lovely recipe. I did prepare it a little differently - I made the sauce separate, steamed the beans and the poured the sauce over the beans when I served them Wonderful do again for sure recipe
Very good, we enjoyed them and i will make them again. I was called away to the phone while they cooked , consequently I over cooked them a bit, but they were still good, I look forward to trying them again and will be sure to keep them crisp. Thanks for posting.
I just made this tonight with a few adjustments.. well I had to double the whole recipe, I have a big family. But I just used garlic powder, and I used frozen french style green beans.. thawed em in the mic then tossed them in the fry pan with the tomato and onion. Didn't use any salt pepper or butter. Just garlic powder and seasoned salt.... but aaaaamazing =] I LOVED it. =]