Recipe by cooking in cairo...
This is something I always whip up as a great and easy side dish. Super simple, healthy and looks great next to any main course. Enjoy!
Top Review by Bergy
Lovely recipe. I did prepare it a little differently - I made the sauce separate, steamed the beans and the poured the sauce over the beans when I served them Wonderful do again for sure recipe
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 small tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and snip the ends of green beans.
- In a pan, saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and a bit of water cook for 15 minutes, until mixture has become soft and well mixed together.
- Add the green beans, salt & pepper and seasoning salt. If water evaporated, add a little more to help beans cook.
- Cover and cook until beans are crisp yet tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- There should be some liquid, not much, spoon beans onto a platter, spooning tomato pieces on top of beans.
- You could garnish with toasted slivered almonds if you like.
- Serve next to your favorite entree.