1/4 Photos of Simple, yet Elegant Fresh Green Beans
cooking in cairo...'s Note:
This is something I always whip up as a great and easy side dish. Super simple, healthy and looks great next to any main course. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Wash and snip the ends of green beans.
- 2In a pan, saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- 3Add the chopped tomato and a bit of water cook for 15 minutes, until mixture has become soft and well mixed together.
- 4Add the green beans, salt & pepper and seasoning salt. If water evaporated, add a little more to help beans cook.
- 5Cover and cook until beans are crisp yet tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- 6There should be some liquid, not much, spoon beans onto a platter, spooning tomato pieces on top of beans.
- 7You could garnish with toasted slivered almonds if you like.
- 8Serve next to your favorite entree.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple, yet Elegant Fresh Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 46.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: