This is something I always whip up as a great and easy side dish. Super simple, healthy and looks great next to any main course. Enjoy!
- Wash and snip the ends of green beans.
- In a pan, saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and a bit of water cook for 15 minutes, until mixture has become soft and well mixed together.
- Add the green beans, salt & pepper and seasoning salt. If water evaporated, add a little more to help beans cook.
- Cover and cook until beans are crisp yet tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- There should be some liquid, not much, spoon beans onto a platter, spooning tomato pieces on top of beans.
- You could garnish with toasted slivered almonds if you like.
- Serve next to your favorite entree.