Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple recipe for making won ton soup. Very delicious. Cook the wontons right before adding them to the soup. If let to sit to long, they may stick together in the soup.
- 20 wonton wrappers, pre-made
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 -6 baby bok choy, whole,quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the wontons and cook for about 4 minutes; drain.
- In a medium soup pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Add the carrots and baby bok choy; cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, salt, white pepper, and cooked wontons.
- Cook until they are heated through.
very tasty...but is there a substitute for baby boc choy?
I highly recommend this version. Very easy to make.