Recipe by Lene
This is a fantastically versatile recipe. When im serve it as a side dish, i leave it plain and simple, but it can be easily turned into a tasty supper with the addition of a little meat or some more vegetables - i sometimes throw in some left over cooked chicken or pork or handful of cooked, peeled prawns.
- 250 g Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, thinely sliced
- 4 green onions, thinely sliced
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 200 g bean sprouts
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and when good and hot, stir fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add the salad onions and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly and add to the wok with the been sprouts, a little salt and the sesame oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuosly, until piping hot and well mixed, but don't over the cook the bean sprouts- they should still be crunchy.
- Serve immediately with some extra sot sauce for splashing over.