Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The classic German dish, name from Austrian capital of "Vienna" (Wien), name sounds funny ! This will serve 4. :-)
- Pound meat between waxed paper until extremely thin.
- Add salt & lemon-pepper to flour.
- Dredge meat in flour.
- Dip in egg & then bread crumbs.
- Fry on both sides quickly in oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges to be squeezed over meat.
Very tasty and easy to make. I'll definitely make this again. Made spaetzel for the first time to go with this and it turned out very well, too. Here's a tip though, add a small amount of cooking oil, about Â¼ tsp or so to the inside of a 1 gal. plastic bag and pound the pork. The oil allows the meat to spread out when being hit instead of tending to cling to the bag. the meat flattens w/o so much tearing.
This was an easy recipe to prepare. We made it on a week night, and the cooking and prep times were right on. The only adaptation we made was to use Panko bread crumbs which made for a crispier crust. This is a tasty recipe and is highly recommended.