Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm all about simple, easy recipes. And, this is about as simple as it gets. Oats, fruit & nuts, honey, some spice, and a little bit of oil. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does! ;-)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients. Blend well to incorporate the oil into the honey.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Then add the wet to the dry and mix thoroughly. Let sit for about 30 minutes to allow the oats to soak up the honey mixture.
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and spread to make a thin, even layer.
- Place baking pan in cold oven. Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- When baking time is done, turn oven off. Crack oven door open, and let granola cool in the oven until you can remove it without needing an oven mitt.
- Break up granola and store in a sealed plastic bowl or bag.