Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I can't believe something this simple can taste this good. This was actually my very first time making fish, and it turned out absolutely fabulous! This is another recipe from my favorite cookbook, Eating for IBS by Heather Van Vorous. I actually didn't have any rosemary, so I made it with basil and oregano. Try it with your favorite fresh or dried herbs!
- 4 white fish fillets, about 1 1/2 lbs total (cod, halibut, etc.--I used haddock)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced,seeded,end pieces discarded
- Preheat oven to 450 F and place a heavy baking sheet in oven to preheat as well.
- Cut 4 large rectangles of foil or parchment paper and place a fish fillet in the center of each piece.
- Combine remaining ingredients except lemon slices in a small bowl and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly over fish, scatter lemon slices on top, and fold the edges of the foil or paper up over each fillet, crimping edges tightly.
- Place packaged fish on preheated baking sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
- Serve fish in packages.
Everybody was a fan of this delish fish, so we will definitely make it again. My only change will be to cut the black pepper by half. We used basil rather than rosemary.
Simple and very good recipe. Took out the fishy taste and the lemon - rosemary - garlic was a great blend of flavors.
I won't award stars this time around because I goofed - I used Basa filet, frozen at sea, I did not give it enough time to completely thaw before cooking . It ended up too soft. However the flavor was excellent so I give full marks to the recipe and no marks to the cook. Thanks Kree I will make it again, next time correctly