1/6 Photos of Simple Whitefish With Lemon and Herbs
I can't believe something this simple can taste this good. This was actually my very first time making fish, and it turned out absolutely fabulous! This is another recipe from my favorite cookbook, Eating for IBS by Heather Van Vorous. I actually didn't have any rosemary, so I made it with basil and oregano. Try it with your favorite fresh or dried herbs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 white fish fillets, about 1 1/2 lbs total (cod, halibut, etc.--I used haddock)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced,seeded,end pieces discarded
- 1Preheat oven to 450 F and place a heavy baking sheet in oven to preheat as well.
- 2Cut 4 large rectangles of foil or parchment paper and place a fish fillet in the center of each piece.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients except lemon slices in a small bowl and stir well.
- 4Spread mixture evenly over fish, scatter lemon slices on top, and fold the edges of the foil or paper up over each fillet, crimping edges tightly.
- 5Place packaged fish on preheated baking sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
- 6Serve fish in packages.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Whitefish With Lemon and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g