Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great to make with the kids because it's so EASY. It's not the "best" cake in the world, but it's easy and no fuss. I usually gently fold in some sprinkles so that it's "confetti" cake and the kids think it's great fun!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a 12-muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the liners.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
I gave these cupcakes 4 enthusiastic stars. It wasn't the best cake on earth, but really, if you are looking for some type of Betty Crocker super-moist deluxe-butter-gasm recipe, then this isn't the cake for you. If you have low expectations, or it's the middle of the night and have no other options, keep reading. This cupcake recipe was simple and I had everything on hand to make it. I used Lightening McQueen cupcake wrappers from 2006. I paired these delicacies with a horrible powdered sugar recipe that was so sweet, it really complimented the blandness of the cupcakes. I wouldn't make these for a church bake sale or for someone you want to impress, but for ugly eating at 1am, they get the job done.
I made these cupcakes, and they were delicious! What I did to them though, was I put about a lemon's worth of lemon zest, half a lemon's worth of lemon juice, and about 4/6 TSP of lemon extract. They were amazing!
I thought this was a good, easy cupcake recipe. Just what I was looking for! My 4 year old son helped me and when they cooled we frosted them w/ vanilla buttercream frosting. I wish I had read the part about putting sprinkles in for him....he would have liked that! Next time!