Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple dish that is very flexible. Use any ground white meat, vegetables, and stock you want. The amount of salsa and chili peppers can be increased depending on taste.
- 32 ounces salsa verde
- 1 lb white meat
- 2 green chili peppers
- 32 ounces pinto beans, with liquid (or any other beans you want)
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves (more or less depending on taste)
- vegetable stock (may use water) or chicken stock (may use water)
- vegetables (optional)
- rice (optional)
- Chop onion, garlic, and chili peppers. Saute in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground meat and brown.
- Add beans, including all the juice, and salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may add garlic salt if desired. Also add any desired vegetables.
- Simmer until flavours have blended. If you want the chili thinner, add stock. If you want it thicker, add cornstarch or flour.
- If desired, can be eaten over rice as done in the UK.