Recipe by Scarlett516
This is a simple dish that is very flexible. Use any ground white meat, vegetables, and stock you want. The amount of salsa and chili peppers can be increased depending on taste.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made with chicken and fresh chopped tomatoes, and hod it over brown rice. It was excellent! Loved the combination of flavors in this dish, and I will be making again when I'm in the mood for chili. Thanks for sharing Robyn! Made and reviewed for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14 Linda
- 32 ounces salsa verde
- 1 lb white meat
- 2 green chili peppers
- 32 ounces pinto beans, with liquid (or any other beans you want)
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves (more or less depending on taste)
- vegetable stock (may use water) or chicken stock (may use water)
- vegetables (optional)
- rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion, garlic, and chili peppers. Saute in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground meat and brown.
- Add beans, including all the juice, and salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may add garlic salt if desired. Also add any desired vegetables.
- Simmer until flavours have blended. If you want the chili thinner, add stock. If you want it thicker, add cornstarch or flour.
- If desired, can be eaten over rice as done in the UK.