Recipe by MaryPackard
I found this recipe from allrecipes.com and tried it and it was amazing. The cake is really moist and fluffy. So i wanted to keep it and share it as well i hope you enjoy.
Top Review by MmeLaboss
I love the simplicity of this recipe. I doubled the recipe to fit a 9x13 and added sprinkles to make it a funfetti cake. I used this as the base to a minion cake that I made for my daughters' birthday. It was delicious and got rave reviews! Thanks!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.